Friday, December 2, 2011

Shri daddaji Pt. Dev Prabhakar Shastri

Pt. Dev Prabhakar Shastri
Shri daddaji properties & paying guest

Renuka thinks Ashutosh is among the best actors

SOUMITRA DAS, TNN Feb 28, 2009, 12.00am IST
(Ashutosh Rana More Pics)
For all those of you who have missed big screen baddie Ashutosh Rana in action here's news.
He's going 'small'. Well, this is not the first time he's done television. Ashutosh has had a successful small screen stint before he moved to films.
He's doing a reality show Sarkaar Ki Duniya on a new Hindi entertainment channel. "It's pretty challenging because I am the host and my role in it requires a nice blending of presentation as well as performance. I took it up because unlike other reality shows which have an overdose of celebrities, this show is all about ordinary people and their efforts to become extraordinary," he says.
Having been in the entertainment industry for over a decade, he is happy to see the way both the television as well as the film industry have evolved.
As the conversation veers towards his professional journey, he gets a little nostalgic and says, "My spiritual guru Shri Dev Prabhakar Shastri has been my role model in all walks of life. I was always interested in theatre but it was he who suggested that I should turn my passion into my profession. So, I joined the National School of Drama and after graduating from there, went to Mumbai on his advice. I consult him on all major decisions."
As a person, he is "very spiritual, who is an avid reader of books by Manu Sharma (has written Lord Krishna's autobiography), Virendra Kumar Gupta, Chanakya Sen ("I loved his Mukhyamantri) and Shivaji Savant."
Talking about his popular actress wife Renuka Sahane, he says, "Not many know that she is a brilliant writer and filmmaker as well. In fact, Rita, her first film in Marathi, is in the post-production stage. It's a woman-oriented film and that's why she didn't cast me, as she didn't want me to play second fiddle to anyone. She thinks I am one of the three best actors in the world today! I'd love to be directed by her. In fact, she is writing a script for me in Hindi and I am excited about it."










No comments:

Post a Comment